Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Stop and Go

Although I crossed the Burrard Bridge yesterday, the experience on the bus can't be the same as riding your own bike across the bridge. So, today I took the plunge and travelled the long way around town to show my support.

I travelled the bridge around 4:45pm and did not see any traffic on the ends of the bridge. What I saw were cyclists enjoying the new lane and pedestrians walking on the correct side. I found the experience a good one. Most importantly, I felt safe travelling the bridge.

The most dangerous part of my trip happened when a police officer asked me "Where are you going?" just before I crossed the first traffic light as I headed East after the Burrard Bridge. I was travelling pretty fast and had to slow down to answer him while the light turned to amber from green. I responded "Straight." and was not sure if he wanted me to stop or not so I was crawling across the light and but then said it was okay. I am wondering where he thought I would be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment