Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Google Killer or Flop?

I heard Microsoft came out with a Google killer! It's a new search engine called Bing, and being marketed as "the decision engine".


I went to bing.ca and tried it by entering "Vancouver" and waited for the results. Although it brought results, I was not impressed. The only feature that caught my eye at first glance was the "smart movie preview" feature which allows the user to view movies before selecting them.

A user can easily change countries so I decided to change from bing.ca (Canadian site) to bing.com (United States site) and noticed a big difference. The major being the shopping section, the travel section and the main menu on the front page.


I really like the travel search because it combines information from other sources, searches can be presented in a grid and you can narrow your search by category. I hope the changes are made to the Canadian site in the near future.

I will keep testing Bing in the next few weeks to determine if its a good source for "Vancouver" information and searches.

No comments:

Post a Comment