Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day!

Since I joined twitter, I have been following the politcal leaders of our nation:
I was interested in knowing how they were going to celebrate Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day and found the following:

@pmharper: Stephen Harper
No Comment posted.

@M_Ignatieff: Michael Ignatieff
Off to Beauce for St-Jean Baptiste celebrations after a great lunch at Ashton’s and a walk along the St-Laurence

@jacklayton: Jack Layton
Happy Saint-Jean-Baptiste day! http://tinyurl.com/ldxumg

Dear friends,
Today, I join you in celebrating this special day that is filled with tradition.

This holiday enables Quebecers to proudly celebrate that they are part of the Quebec nation.

I was born in Quebec, which makes me particularly proud to take this day to celebrate the diversity and the richness of culture that radiates not just in Canada, but across the world.

Quebec, the cradle of francophones in North America, is a unique place on Earth. Quebec's presence and vitality contribute to the growth of the French language across Canada, and Canadians are very proud of it.

I invite all Canadians from across the country to join in today’s celebrations, an ideal occasion to recognize the country’s unique history. Let’s take time with friends and family to celebrate the links that unite us.

On behalf of Thomas Mulcair (Outremont) and the New Democrat caucus, I join all Quebecers, francophones and supporters of French culture, both here and abroad, in celebrating a rich and vibrant heritage.

Happy St. Jean Baptiste Day!

Jack Layton

I was really surprised by how much Jack Layton had written.

No comments:

Post a Comment