Saturday, June 13, 2009

Scoring Big

I am really excited that the city officials are exploring how Vancouver can implement a bike sharing program. My family and I went to the seawall near Science World where Bixi has demonstration bicycles this weekend. Each bike station includes a pay station, bike docks, and bikes, and is equipped with solar panels that power the station. I tried one of the bikes and it was easy to ride. It was also very comfortable and the seat could be adjusted with breeze. Although the ride was smooth, the bike only has 3 speeds so I think its limited in range. Otherwise it was a pleasant experience. I also found out that these bikes are made in Quebec and if the city goes ahead with a bike sharing program they will be creating some Canadian manufacturing jobs. The demonstration ends tomorrow.



We also attended The Official Canadian Street Hockey Tournament, Play On! Vancouver, which took place nearby on Abbot Street near GM Place. It was lots of fun to watch. I even caught a glimpse of CBC news anchor Ian Hanomansing reporting his results at the tournament.



No comments:

Post a Comment