Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Back and just in time...thirty-one days to the Olympics

While in Vancouver for the Peace Summit, the Dalai Lama expressed concerns that technology may be getting in the way of peace so I started using less technology to understand his view. However, as more of my family and friends embrace technology to stay connected using Facebook, Skype and other communication tools, I think technology can help us understand each other better and will begin to blog on a more regular basis.

So I'm back and just in time to celebrate the Olympics. With only 31 days left for Vancouver welcomes the 2010 Olympic Games, my excitement is building. This morning I was listening to Bill Good on CKNW online where it seems the buzz is increasing. As the torch travels the country, Vancouverites have seen Olympic banners and signs decorate the streets. Also, buildings, such as the Bay, have embraced the "look" and "spirit" of the Olympics which look great. There have been great events hosted at Robson Square getting people in the mood to celebrate. In addition, I have started to book my calendar with Cultural Olympiad 2010 which officially starts in 10 days and plan to travel on the "Olympic Line". This is a once in a lifetime event for Vancouver. Let's experience the Games!


No comments:

Post a Comment