Monday, January 18, 2010

Olympics inspire Great Music

Music is great. It brings people of different races, classes, sexes and cultures from around the world together. Music can ease struggles and even move mountains. Sometimes a song can trigger many memories about a specific moment in our lives so I thought it would great to look into the official song of the 2010 Olympics. I started by going to Vanoc's site which led me to Youtube where I found myself watching great videos from VANOCwebteam. One of the best videos was "Celebrate the Possible".



Although there were various videos with music in the background, unfortunately I did not find an "official song" . However, the search triggered a flashback to 1988 and I remembered David Foster's Winter Games song when the Olympic Flame was in Calgary. I searched for his video on youtube and could not find "an original" video for the song but found cinupina had recreated it.



It was great to hear this song again however my quest to find the "official song" was not done. So I kept searching and found other great videos. NBC has a good video featuring our American cousins to the south which I found touching:


the song in the video is from Matisyahu featuring Akon, who released his single on itunes this month.

I also found some local Vancouver talent.


The National Arts Centre Orchestra and Suzie's McNeil's Olympic Inspired Version of Believe great!

I think this inspired song is the "official version".

soundboard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment