Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What the V?

I walked around downtown and noticed so much activity going on. I was surprised to see that Vancouver's waterfront has been blocked by a fence and decorated with Olympic themed material. Why was I surprised? Well, this is one of my favorite parts of Vancouver and now that it is being blocked, I think alot of people visiting the city will miss out on seeing the beautiful view from the area around Canada Place and the Convention Centre. On the positive side, the material looks fabulous.


It seems the new Fairmont Hotel is almost complete and it's ooking great.


The Olympic signage is also becoming more apparent. Olympic bus routes and maps are popping up. I think signage is essential for the success of the Olympics.

Lastly, late into the evening I noticed an artistic demonstration in a window on Seymour Street between Pender and Dunsmuir. I am uncertain who was hosting this item or if it was part of the Cultural Olympiad but it was looping and really caught my attention. All these changes are making Vancouver a more exciting place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment