Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Swiss are in the House!


What a day! I was at Robson Square earlier today and decided to head to the Opening of the Switzerland House in the afternoon. When I arrived, there was a huge line up to get in but the time went quickly since there were a few performers and many excited people to talk to.


Within minutes I entered La Maison de la Suisse and once inside I was offered pins, chocolates, crackers, Ricola throat drops, a hat and more chocolate.


Once inside I met up with one of my favorite bloggers, Miss604, who was pleasant. I wanted to blog about the experience at the time but unfortunately my smartphone could not get a reception regardless of how many times I tried to connect. However, I was able to watch the Swiss make some chocolate. They had excellent preparation and presentation skills.


Since I was on Granville Island I decided to exlore and discovered cool t-shirts, like the one from Rip Curl Vancouver, and some strange artwork. Best of all, I stayed on Granville Island long enough to visit the great bakery there, have a mint hot chocolate and watch Vancouver's Vectorial Elevation.



No comments:

Post a Comment