Thursday, February 18, 2010

Vanouver 2010 Winter Olympics: Day 7 - Hockey, Yaletown Live City Fireworks, Germany House

I watched the Canada vs. Switzerland hockey game. It was a tough game for Canada but they won in penalty shots 3-2. So I decided to go downtown. I was really surprised at Swiss's level of play during this game.

Vancouver 2010 Olympics Live City Yaletown

Then I headed downtown to watch the fireworks at the Yaletown Live City (David Lam Park) and enjoyed the energy that a Canadian win brings. I received several high-fives from strangers and there were spontaneous singing of Oh Canada!

Vancouver 2010 Olympics Live City Yaletown Double Fireworks

People all over Vancouver are dressed in Canadian gear and the atmosphere is electrifying.

Vancouver 2010 Olympics Live City Yaletown Go Canada Go

Vancouver 2010 Olympics Live City Yaletown Canadian Fans

People are coming together to sing, dance and generally have a merry time. After watching the fireworks, I watched the end of the Russia vs Slovakia hockey game. It was exciting to watch both teams battle it out in penalty shots. I was surprised Slovakia won against Russia but glad to see the underdog win.

On my way home I decided to enter German House and it seemed everyone was having a good time and there was more spontaneous singing there too.

Vancouver 2010 Olympics German House at Night

No comments:

Post a Comment